Sales Engineer - IBM Security
Company: Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position:Sales Engineer - IBM SecurityJob Description:Arrow is
seeking a Sales Engineer - IBM Security - to provide technical
direction and business guidance to our channel partner community in
North America. As a Sales Engineer, you will be accountable for
partner enablement goals by driving innovative technical programs
and overseeing day-to-day technical account-level activities. You
will be responsible for evangelizing, positioning, and architecting
solutions for channel partners within your assigned region or
technology focus. The successful candidate will have experience
architecting security solutions and IBM security offerings in
cloud, hybrid, and virtualized environments.What you'll be doingAs
a Brand Solution Technical Sales Onboarding Representative, you'll
work closely with business partners to develop relationships,
understand their needs, earn their trust and show them how IBM's
industry leading solutions will solve their problems whilst
delivering value to their business.
- Developing strategies for partners entering or expanding into
the IBM security portfolio.
- Defining and providing a roadmap detailing the feasible IBM
Security solutions that complement and enhance partners existing
- Consultatively building credibility and trust at all levels,
internally and externally, to develop successful IBM security
- Works in partnership with sales and marketing teams to develop
and implement specific industry and account penetration strategies,
produce account specific product and sales enablement plans,
provide assessments and drive leads from identification to sale
- Provides technical leadership and direction to channel partners
and sales staff with pre-sales activities in the assigned market on
behalf Arrow's supplier, IBM.
- Leads in the discovery, analysis, design, demonstration, and
refinement of fully integrated technology solutions
- Demonstrates technical leadership and subject matter expertise
on IBM Security solutions and competitive offerings in the modern
- Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose
solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of
assigned channel partners and their end-users.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to channel partner's
technical and sales staff
- Working with Arrow marketing teams to create and produce
digital channel-ready technical content that is published to Arrow
social media sites and networks.
- Serves as a trusted technology influencer to channel partners
and serves as an internal Arrow resource on technical plays or
specific business applications and outcomes within an assigned
- Successfully builds relationships with the Arrow account team,
partners and end users in support of sales objectives, engages and
leverages Arrow horizontal resources, abilities, budgets and
personnel as appropriate.
- Leads IBM Security technical sales calls with and on behalf of
- Qualifies IBM opportunities in the terms of end customer
technical requirements, competition, decision making process and
funding in partnership with Arrow channel partners.What we are
- Experience of successfully working collaboratively to translate
business goals into technical solutions and advising teams on
optimal technology strategies to achieve business results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and a
proven record of influencing consensus across diverse groups of
senior stakeholders within enterprises.
- Excellent communication skills. Communication is a primary
skill required for onboarding specialists. They need to be able to
convey the right information in a clear tone. Their interaction
with the customer and/or the new employees should be reasonable,
correct, and to the point.
- IBM Security Product Knowledge. Another key skill an onboarding
specialist needs to have a good grasp of product qualities and
capabilities, along with the necessary technical knowledge. To be
able to understand customer problems and touchpoints, having clear
communications is a must.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Results driven
- High level of business and sales acumen
- Strong organizational and interpersonal abilities
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience with IBM Security
- Industry certifications and/or experience with modern data
- Ability to conduct effective group presentations and/or
trainingsExperience / EducationTypically requires a minimum of 8
years of related experience with a 4-year degree; or 6 years and an
advanced degree; or equivalent experience.What's in it for You?At
Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are
important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive
financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a
solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:$90,500.00 -
$185,625.00Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from
posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work
experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between
base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at
offer. Location:US-GA-Georgia (Remote Employees)Remote work
employees may be required to be present at the closest designated
Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's request
and sole discretion.Time Type:Full timeJob Category:SalesEEO
Statement:Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP
policy)Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:Arrow requires new
employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19
vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by
law. This requirement may not apply to supply-chain service
employees assigned to work at a light industrial facility,
warehouse, distribution center, or in-plant store, who are instead
subject to location-specific safety requirements.
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Inc., Beaverton , Sales Engineer - IBM Security, Sales , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!