Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Company: DAT Freight & Analytics
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DAT is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at
the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain
logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year
over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions
of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most
relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter
business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We
operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with
226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion
of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have
co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional
offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional
information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team as
a in Beaverton, Oregon.
This fully remote, work from home opportunity, is open to
applicants who are full time residents of the following states: AK,
AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA,
ME, MT, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT,
VT, WA, WI, WV.
DAT is currently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to
join our growing technical team and drive the evolution of
technology infrastructure at DAT. Candidates should have a strong
background in Operating Systems, Enterprise Storage, VMware, and
some networking experience with hybrid data center environments. We
are looking for strong candidates to roll up their sleeves and hit
the ground running and bring their experience to the team to make
the infrastructure deployments much smoother. You should possess
solid knowledge of infrastructure, operating systems, tools, system
architecture, and support techniques for applications, web
services, modern front-end development. If you are a team player,
able to communicate and work equally well with your peers as well
as non-technical personnel, this is an exciting opportunity to add
work on highly visible projects for an industry leader.
What You'll Do
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of
Enterprise servers, Storage, and some Network equipment.
- Design and implement complex IT systems, including network,
server, and database interaction.
- Develop deployment scripts on automation for the orchestration,
integration, and rollout of critical infrastructure for both
On-Premise and Cloud.
- Support the business with change requests, uptime, performance,
Build and deployment-related issues, and access.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems
found in the production and non-production environments.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and
ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in
a 24/7 production environment.
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and
- Review, evaluate, recommend, and develop objectives, policies,
and procedures to ensure that systems are meeting the needs of
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive set of diagrams for
hardware and software configuration database/library of all
The Skills And Experience You'll Bring
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related
- 4+ years of experience in infrastructure management (Virtual,
Cloud, Physical) including production support
- Working knowledge of enterprise data center technologies
including Server and storage platforms and network switching within
a virtualized data center
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux systems including hardware,
software, and applications. Some Windows experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure
services (EBS, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53, VPC)
- Experience with infrastructure management and automation
technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GIT)
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and
- Expertise in different types of TCP/IP protocols such as LDAP,
DNS, HTTPS configurations and troubleshooting.
- Working experience in SaaS is highly desirable.
- Perl and/or shell scripting considered a plus
- Exposure/understanding of DevOps tools and principles such as
CI/CD, infrastructure as code, containers.
- Should have good knowledge of information security principles
and practices, understanding of security protocols and
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a
core strength of our company that we encourage those values in
every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless
of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals With
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: DAT Freight & Analytics, Beaverton , Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Professions , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!