Fab Process Technician (Back Half Days) - Temp-to-Hire
Company: FormFactor, Inc.
Posted on: October 14, 2020
FAB PROCESS TECHNICIAN (BACK HALF DAYS) - TEMP-TO-HIRE
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly
improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they
pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever
made. FormFactor is the world s leading supplier of semiconductor
test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the
majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as
electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive,
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big
company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the
opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct
influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive
the overall growth and development of the semiconductor
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity
of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive
environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals
who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment. Our
Technicians work a Compressed Work Week (CWW). This means that each
pay period you work three 12-hour shifts one week, and four 12-hour
shifts the following week*. Per Oregon law, you will be eligible
for Overtime Pay (1.5X Hourly Rate) for all time worked over 10
hours in one shift ( 10 hours of OT per two week pay period).
BACK HALF DAYS: WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, EVERY OTHER SATURDAY,
5:00AM - 5:30PM
*These CWW schedules only apply to our Beaverton, OR locations
The Process Technician works in the fab clean room area to process
thin film substrates to meet production schedule. This role tracks
the product through the process and development cycle, including
setting up and operating equipment, following process, using
photolithography and having a high attention to detail to ensure a
high quality product is produced for customers. Process technicians
must multi-task and oversee multiple processes and equipment
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performing metal etching of substrates
* Conducting final inspections of substrates
* Performing metal plating of substrates
* Perform all duties of Tech 1 & 2 as needed
* Attain subject matter expert level and train other technicians in
at least one fab department as required.
* Author and edit process instructions.
* Identify and implement process improvement.
* Set up and operate equipment
* Collect, organize and evaluate statistical process control (SPC)
* Follow complex system driven commands and processes.
* Safely handle chemicals such as solvents while adhering to all
safety rules and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Associates degree or equivalent in Electronics or
Microelectronics required, Bachelor s degree in related field
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a fab or semiconductor
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in the operation of complex
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working with strict safety
procedures and safely handling chemicals.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience collecting, organizing and
* Ability to be certified in all Fab Process Tech 1 & 2 duties
within 180 days of hire.
* Demonstrated experience in leadership or training.
* Demonstrated experience in process improvement.
* Demonstrated experience following very detailed processing steps
and balancing changing priorities in a manual environment.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Experience following specific work instructions.
* Experience with Microsoft Access required. Experience with
Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel and Word preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors
and technical staff at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to multi-task and operate multiple machines
* Able to sit for extended periods and work under a microscope
* Able to wear safety lab equipment such as safety glasses,
booties, lab coat, protective eye wear, hair covering and face
* Able to perform detailed visual inspection tasks
* Able to respond quickly in the case of an emergency due to a
* Ability to work continuously inside a clean room environment with
chemicals while wearing protective clothing (bunny suit, goggles,
* Ability to work at a microscope for extended periods of time up
to 80% per shift depending on station assigned
* Ability to push and pull 10-15 lbs.
* Ability to perform routine lifting of 6 lbs. materials
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where
everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to
compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit
employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex
(including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including
gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry,
sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical
condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or
information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These
protections extend to all employment and management decisions
including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training,
promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and
terminations, and all other terms and conditions of
Keywords: FormFactor, Inc., Beaverton , Fab Process Technician (Back Half Days) - Temp-to-Hire, Professions , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!