Company: Goodwill Industries Of The Columbia Willamette
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job DescriptionGOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTEJob
- TITLE: Cashier
- IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Store Supervisory Staff
- DEPARTMENT: Operations - Retail
- EEO#: 4
- DIVISION: AllGENERAL SUMMARY: Cashiers are responsible for
maintaining excellent customer service, cash register operations,
sales floor functions, and safeguarding company assets in an
accurate and efficient manner.PRINCIPAL
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to all GICWs
policies and procedures, CARF standards, Kaizen guidelines, safety
and security regulations.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service by acknowledging, assisting
and thanking customers.
- Perform register tasks including verifying funds, accurately
counting down register, maintaining cleanliness and stocking
- Accurately perform all register operations in compliance with
GICW over and short policy.
- Collect payments, make change and provide receipts.
- Maintain store appearance to GICW standards including sales
floor, fitting rooms and parking lot.
- Accurately and efficiently follow GICW merchandising standards.
i.e.: product placement and stock rotation.
- Follow proper phone etiquette and use paging system.
- Follow all GICW loss prevention procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous duties, as
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must successfully complete GICWs Cashier Certification
- Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory
attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy
and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to
verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm
to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the
job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a
tendency toward theft, violence, dishonestly, deceit, drug
manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is
otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on the job
description. This may include passing a state-mandated,
federally-conducted criminal background check.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in
the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet GICW quantitative performance standards.POSITIONS
SUPERVISED: NoneWORK CONDITIONS/HAZARDS:
- Work indoors in either a warehouse or store setting.
Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include
exposure to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving of merchandise.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally
hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited
number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification MediumBENEFITS:
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- 403b RetirementClick 'Apply' to submit your resume
today!recblid qkzzkiob34sy4kkda4h404j294w5kmby Jobble
Keywords: Goodwill Industries Of The Columbia Willamette, Beaverton , Cashier, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!