Alcohol and Drug Counselor Counselor, CADC - Culturally Specific Imani Program
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation.
CCC's Imani Center is seeking an Alcohol and Drug Counselor,
The Imani Center provides culturally specific and responsive
Afrocentric approaches to mental health and addictions treatment,
peer support and case management. The Center also connects program
clients to housing, employment and benefits support, and natural
support systems within their own cultural community.
Successful Candidate: An Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) who has
a strong understanding and demonstrated use of the ASAM assessment
and documentation. Counselors who have the ability to conduct
individual and group counseling. A strong understanding of the
social determinants of health for people of color, specfically
those who dientify as African American or Black, and de-escalation
skills. Expereince working with adult populations expereincing
homelessness and substance use disorder (SUDs).
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. There may be an occasional
evening or weekend shift depending on program needs
Duties will include:
- Participate in culturally specific outreach activities
necessary to offer services and engage participation in a
- Conduct and document Assessments including ASAM diagnosis, and
- Use culturally sensitive lens to guide all aspects of service
delivery, ensuring that the impact of socio-political & cultural
factors are consistently considered.
- Share SUDs expertise by working collaboratively with the
multidisciplinary treatment team, modeling integrated treatment
skills, and utilize Evidenced-based practices in work with clients
in individual and group formats.
- Assist in developing culturally appropriate strengths-based
service plans with client.
- If necessary, refer clients to appropriate treatment programs &
community resources for follow up to ensure on-going care
- Maintain client records as required by program standards and
- Participate in admission and discharge planning for any client
needing hospitalization or subacute level of care.
- Conduct educational and therapeutic groups for clients, using
- Must have a minimum of a CADC I, or be currently registered as
- If CADC-R with, must be registerd with the appropriate Oregon
board and able to meet the credentialing requirements for CADC I
under the terms of the hiring agreement with Central City
- A CADC-R will be considered based on experience in the field
and previous education hours.
- Must have current CPR certification or obtain as a condition of
- Culturally specific experience working with African American
- Experience working with individuals involved in the criminal
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, DHS background
- Must possess a current driver's license, pass a DMV background
check and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in
Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial
drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and
continued recertification training.
- Required to be available for after-hours crisis phone and
holiday coverage rotation.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 4.25% in your 1 st year, 6% in the 2 nd year, and 8% in your 3
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Beaverton , Alcohol and Drug Counselor Counselor, CADC - Culturally Specific Imani Program, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!