Company: Legacy Health
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job ID: 22-28180
Type: Regular Full-Time
If your skill as a cardiologist is matched only by your compassion,
you may be a perfect fit as a cardiologist with Legacy. Here, we
value every member of our community, and together we strive to make
life better for others. We do so with professionalism, integrity
and, pun intended, a lot of heart. If this sounds like the kind of
health care community in which you could thrive, we invite you to
consider this position. Legacy has an exciting opportunity for a
Cardiologist at our Cornell Clinic location. Legacy Health offers a
quality work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits to include hire on bonus and relocation
- Provides attending and consultation services for patients with
cardiology conditions who are hospitalized at a Legacy hospital or
are referred by their primary physician for outpatient
- Responds promptly in writing to referral source with clinical
findings and suggested plan of care.
- Provides continuous coverage for cardiology services together
with the other cardiology specialists on the Legacy Hospitals'
- Development of consultative and follow-up outpatient clinics,
as requested. Administrative
- Collaborates with colleagues and other staff to develop
policies and procedures for cardiac care across the entire
organization of Legacy Health.
- Participates in quality assurance and continuous improvement in
cardiac care of Hospital inpatients.
- Advises the Legacy Supply and Equipment Council on new
technology that pertains to cardiac care.
- Advises the Legacy Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee on
cardiac medications including formulary recommendations,
restrictions, utilization, and monitoring of adverse
- Participates as requested in the teaching activities of the
Internal Medicine Department, including resident, student and staff
education and outreach continuing medical education.
- Participates in the development of other cardiac clinical
program development as requested.Inpatient Duties:
- Serves as Attending Physician on patients assigned to the
cardiology service as requested by Clinical Vice President, Medical
- Provides inpatient consultative cardiology service as requested
by attending physicians.
- Assists private practice physicians in using hospital services
in an efficient and cost-effective manner with their hospitalized
- Participates in education, training, and evaluation of house
staff, medical students, and hospital personnel who have direct
patient care responsibilities on the inpatient departments.
- Serves on department, hospital and Legacy Health committees as
- Performs clinical responsibilities at assigned Legacy
hospitals. Qualification and Licensure Requirements
- Graduate of a four-year accredited U.S. Medical School or the
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited residency in Internal
Medicine and fellowship in Cardiology.
- Board Certified in Cardiology.
- Clinical experience in Cardiology required.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the applicable
- Current BLS certification from the AHA minimally required (ACLS
preferred and substitutes for BLS). Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related
services to the underserved
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive
salary, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full medical plan,
malpractice coverage, retirement and much more. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Vet/Disabled. Sorry, no J1 or H-1B visa opportunities. For
additional information please formally apply or contact Forrest
Brown at FOBROWN@LHS.ORG
Keywords: Legacy Health, Beaverton , Cardiologist, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!