Janitor 2- Hooper DSC
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Clean lobbies, hallways, unoccupied offices, bathrooms, common
areas and residential rooms. Clean windows, floors, countertops,
elevators, appliances and fixtures. Sweeping, mopping, dusting,
vacuuming, washing, disinfecting and polishing. Lead and train
trainees and on-call workers on the crew. Assist with janitorial
duties at various locations. Clean sidewalks and other outside
public areas as directed. Polishing floors, cleaning carpets and
pressure washing exterior surfaces. Identify pests such as roaches
and bed bugs.
CLOSE DATE: 10-31-22 SENIORITY BID CLOSE DATE: 10-27-22
JOB TITLE: Janitor I - Turnover
HOURS: MONDAY -FRIDAY 7:00AM-3:30PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clean lobbies, hallways, unoccupied offices, bathrooms, common
areas and residential rooms.
2. Clean windows, floors, countertops, elevators, appliances and
3. Sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, washing, disinfecting and
4. Lead and train trainees and on-call workers on the crew.
5. Assist with janitorial duties at various locations.
6. Clean sidewalks and other outside public areas as directed.
7. Polishing floors, cleaning carpets and pressure washing exterior
8. Identify pests such as roaches and bed bugs.
9. Spray for and remove pests such as roaches and bed bugs.
10. Perform follow-up clean up after pest sprays, including
vacuuming of pests and disposal of bed bug infested property.
11. Maintain work areas and vehicles in safe, clean and orderly
12. Complete all necessary paperwork.
13. Deliver supplies and equipment.
14. Inventory, label and store tenant's properties.
15. Attend all required meetings and training.
16. Adhere to safety procedures.
17. Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security
regulations applicable to the program, and to CCC policies and
agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. This
includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health
information or personal identification information of any person
receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC
Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER DUTIES:
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
2. Ability to use cleaning agents such as soap, polish,
3. Ability to learn how to operate various cleaning equipment, i.e.
extractors, buffers, power washers, vacuums, steam cleaners.
4. Ability to recognize, identify and remove pests such as roaches
and bed bugs.
5. Ability to learn applicable safety policies and procedures,
including Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and the ability to
apply workplace and job-site safety standards.
6. Knowledge of proper chemicals and application of chemicals
specific to pest control and bio-hazard clean ups.
7. Ability to identify bio-hazard situations and clean in
accordance to OSHA standards and regulations.
8. Ability to walk, bend, stoop, lift, and carry 10 to 20 pounds
9. Ability to do overhead work.
10. Ability to interact courteously with the general public on the
telephone or in person.
11. Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
12. Ability to complete all necessary paperwork.
13. Ability to comprehend and apply written and oral
14. Ability to work in all adverse weather conditions including but
not limited to rain, wind, heat, cold, snow, and ice.
1. Must have at least six months experience in interior and
exterior janitorial cleaning and pest control.
2. Must be trained or be able to be trained in bio-hazard
3. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test and background
check. Must have the ability to work in all C.C.C. Housing
buildings and outside locations.
5. Ability to adhere to Central City Concern's drug-free workplace
which encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment
and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Ace of 1988. An
employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture,
distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or
6. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform
7. Must be able to drive Central City Concern vehicles in the
course of employment required. Must possess a current driver's
license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an
"acceptable" driver as outlined in Central City Concern's Fleet
Safety Policy. Must pass a drivers training and an annual
8. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use.
Cell phone to be provided by Central City Concern.
9. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull
and lift heavy objects and climb stairs, carry 10 to 30 pounds
10. Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for
employment purposes. Government regulations,
contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may
require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate
action to address prior criminal convictions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: clean, custodial, custodian, custody, house
cleaner, housekeeping, janitorial, sanitation, sanitize, wash
Keywords: Central City Concern, Beaverton , Janitor 2- Hooper DSC, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!