Company: The Personnel Department
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Position: Quality Engineer
Our client, a leading manufacturer of quartz products, is looking
to hire a Quality Engineer to join their team! They're an
organization dedicated to uncompromising quality and service.
They've become known in the semiconductor industry as the quartz
fabrication shops whose specialty is providing the customer with
products that other suppliers deemed impossible to fabricate.
- $66k to $98k DOE
- Day shift 8-5pm
- Direct Hire (No waiting for benefits)
- Full Benefits start right away (Healthcare, vision,
- Retirement plan - 401k. (Plan for your future)
- Family oriented environment (Great work/life balance)
- Participate in technical reviews of components to ensure the
component and finished product critical dimensions/features are
- Determine appropriate measurement methodology for component
critical dimensions; create supplier inspection plans to ensure the
supplier measures the component in the same manner.
- Assist suppliers in CMM program development; serve as back-up
CMM programmer for finished product.
- Define 1 st Article inspection requirements on new or critical
components; review 1 st Article inspection results to determine
supplier capability to manufacture.
- Assist QC Supervisor in performing/documenting customer
required 1 st Articles.
- Review supplier ongoing inspection results and compare it to TQ
inspection results; perform measurement correlation studies; based
on correlation studies determine whether or not component meets
Dock to Stock requirements.
- Administer round robin artifact measurements with suppliers
semi-annually; compile data and performs measurement correlation
- Review supplier defect trends; initiate product/process
corrective action with supplier, as appropriate.
- Participate in Supplier Surveys and Assessments, as needed;
monitor the supplier for timely completion of corrective actions
resultant from assessments. Requirements:
- Proficient in complex blueprint reading.
- Proficient in determining best measuring technique using Geo
Dimensional Tolerancing (GDT) ASME Y14.5.
- Proficient in writing and editing CMM programs.
- Knowledge of inspection methods and proper use of inspection
equipment used to determine product acceptance.
- Proficient in advanced mathematical applications- Algebra,
Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus.
- Knowledge of common supplier qualification/certification
- Knowledge of closed-looped corrective action systems.
- Ability to problem solve by collecting/analyzing data and draws
- Proficient in the use of computers; Microsoft Office software
platform and e-mail.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with
suppliers, Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials and Quality.
- Proficient in the use of basic Statistical Process Control
(SOC) techniques - Control Charts (variable X&R), Cp & CpK
Keywords: The Personnel Department, Beaverton , Quality Engineer, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!