Alcohol & Drug Counselor-CADC: Spanish Bilingual Required- $3,000 Hiring Bonus
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation.
CCC's Puentes program is seeking an Addictions Counselor, CADC.
$3000 signing bonus available for those with a minimum of a
The Alcohol & Drug Counselor works as a member of the Puentes
treatment team to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate
services to Latino adults with substance abuse issues.
Duties to include:
- Participate in culturally specific outreach efforts to engage
- Conduct screenings and complete necessary enrollment
- Complete alcohol and drug assessments and develop culturally
appropriate, strengths-based individual service and support plans
(ISSP) with clients.
- Maintain a caseload of clients and serve as their primary
counselor from admission to discharge.
- Meet with each client at least once per month for individual
counseling and case management.
- Provide group counseling on a weekly basis, focusing on the
medical aspects of the disease of addiction, stages of change and
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Collaborate with treatment team, agency and community providers
to address the needs of clients.
- Coordinate services with all members of client's support
- Maintain client records as required by the program, county,
state and funding source.
- Work within scope of training and experience. Seek consultation
- Must have experience working with the Latino culture. Bilingual
in English and Spanish required.
- Must have a minimum of a CADC I, or be currently registered as
a CADC-R with the appropriate Oregon board and able to meet the
credentialing requirements for CADC I under the terms of the hiring
agreement with Central City Concern.
- A combination of at least two year's work, education, training
or experience specializing in chemical dependency and mental health
- QMHA preferred.
- Central City Concern is committed to a drug-free workplace that
encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment and
strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Act of 1988. An
employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture,
distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
- The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the
previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony
conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances
- If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current
driver's license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable
Driver as designated in Central City Concern's Fleet Safety policy.
Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an
approved driver and continued recertification training. Must
maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of
$100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO
accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Beaverton , Alcohol & Drug Counselor-CADC: Spanish Bilingual Required- $3,000 Hiring Bonus, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!