On-Call Alcohol and Drug Counselor, CADC - Inpatient
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: September 11, 2022
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation.
CCC's Hooper Detoxification Stabilization Center is hiring on-call
Alcohol and Drug Counselors
On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period
to remain active on payroll.
HDSC provides both medical and counseling support for individuals
in a 60 bed medically monitored subacute detoxification program.
This position requires working directly with individuals in
withdrawal management, completing a thorough assessment,
documenting progress notes, and providing discharge planning. The
primary focus is assessing for the next appropriate level of care
and connecting patients with services to meet their treatment and
recovery needs. The successful candidate will have experience with
motivational interviewing, case management and a knowledge of the
impact of homelessness and addictions on adults and families.
Duties will include:
- Perform and review assessments based on ASAM - PPC 2R criteria
and provide diagnostic impressions based on DSM V criteria.
- Develop a needs and service plan with a focus on discharge
- Interview and interact with clients to increase
- Work with Hooper Clinical Team, Nursing, and Subacute Techs to
accomplish treatment, wellness and recovery goals.
- Refer individuals to appropriate treatment programs and
community support for follow-up care.
- Facilitate patient access for direct contact to service
- Participate in direct treatment of individuals and attend
clinical staff meeting.
- Coordinate transportation for individuals as needed.
- Maintain appropriate and timely client records and clinical
- Oregon State Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor I, (CADC I)
- Case management or referral specialist experience in addition
to A&D Counseling preferred.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by
- Must possess at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- CPR certification required
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the
previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony
conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: advertising, brand ambassador, brand manager,
direct, market, marketing specialist, product development, product
marketing, project manager, supply chain
Keywords: Central City Concern, Beaverton , On-Call Alcohol and Drug Counselor, CADC - Inpatient, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!