Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary Details
Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install HVAC and related
equipment as assigned. Assume day to day coordination of specific
agreements or projects as assigned to ensure contractual
commitments are met in a timely, cost effective manner
- Use expert technical & troubleshooting knowledge to assist
other service representatives in solving problems.
- Demonstrate capability and interest in training others.
- Can be relied on to train service technicians and
- Teach other technicians how to solve problems without solving
the problem for them.
- Keep technical knowledge up to date regarding equipment and
- When presented with a problem, know what to do, and why, and
whether to repair or replace.
- Search out and read applicable manuals and online sources.
- Belong to and take advantage of technical organizations to
improve technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate capability of a handling heavy workload of
- Upon receiving a customer complaint, follow systematic
questioning techniques and relate answers to the functioning of the
- Follow point-by-point troubleshooting guides to find faults in
a short period of time.
- Avoid needless callbacks by checking complete system before
leaving the job.
- Check safety and limit controls for proper setting before
leaving the job.
- When faced with a seemingly unsolvable problem, seek out help
and solve the problem before leaving.
- Use proper tools and instruments for troubleshooting.
- Inform customer when arriving at or leaving the job and when
planning to return.
- Explore a customer complaint to determine the real
- Respond to customer complaints with the proper amount of
sympathy and empathy.
- When the problem is caused by the customer's use of the system
(rather than a fault of the system), tactfully instruct the
customer on proper use of the system.
- Give assurance to customer that the problem is fixed;
explaining cause and remedy; and if problem has not been fixed
offer explanation of situation and suggest next step.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately determine job priorities
- Adhering to planned call schedule
- Scheduling report time concurrent with jobs
- Handling interruptions in stride
- Having the proper tools, materials, and scheduled tasking when
arriving at the job site
- Scheduling maintenance of vehicle Plan project work to ensure
service representatives and material are on the job at the right
- Promptly and accurately complete all required paperwork.
- Obtain customer signature on all service reports (before work
begins when performing spot).
- Keep manager informed of unfavorable news, changes made, or
disenchantment with price increases by customers. Communicate
information to all parties who would benefit from it.
- Modify instructions to create understanding in all levels of
people regardless of their technical knowledge.
- Instruct customer's personnel to the point that they can handle
emergencies by themselves and know when to call for service.
- Recognize what has to be taught to customers and take required
time to do so.
- Provide sales with qualified leads.
- Alert sales about competitive sales efforts. Provide Spot
opportunities to meet Operational team goals.
- Determine who in the customer's organization is responsible for
the mechanical system being serviced.
- Persuade customer to replace obsolete systems and makes
- Assist Sales in pricing agreements and projects.
- Provide support for any special projects as assigned by your
manager. These special projects, at the determination of your
manager, may or may not become part of this position's primary
- When the Supervisor is present, the lead worker may also be
responsible for directing smaller work groups
- While disciplinary authority is not given to this position, it
is expected that the Lead will report performance issues to the
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must meet all requirements to receive approval for working in
specific ATS environments (if applicable), ten-year work history if
- Customer Service Experience
- One year of lead or supervisory experience
- 2 yrs of commercial HVAC experience
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with
revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees
in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various
international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include
electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering,
HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical
solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated
solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions
in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes -
from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers,
manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for
this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the
extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make
exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other
legally required exceptions.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: ABM, Beaverton , ROUTE LEAD, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!