Central City Staffing Trainee
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: June 25, 2022
TITLE: Central City Staffing
LOCATION: Employment Access Center
Open Until Filled
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply for on call
trainee positions with Central City Staffing, regardless of their
perceived skill sets. All applicants will be assessed for
eligibility for positions. All participants in the Central City
Staffing program must work at least 32-hours over four consecutive
weeks (i.e. 2 payroll periods) to participate in the training
program. This is an on-call position; schedules may vary.
Availability and proactivity is important for this position.
SUMMARY: Trainees with Central City Staffing provide temporary and
incidental coverage for CCC programs and external customers while
developing their skill sets and participating in on the job
training. Trainees will be assessed for their individual level of
knowledge, skills, and abilities and placed on assignments
accordingly. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply and
will be considered.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain a high quality, comfortable, and safe environment in
2. Perform building upkeep, room inventory, room turnover, vacant
room preparation tasks, and routine pest control measures.
3. Provide assistance to residents, to effectively coordinate with
other building staff, and to identify issues and opportunities in
4. Identify pests such as roaches, bed bugs, ants and rodents and
perform follow-up clean up after pest control treatments, including
vacuuming of pests and disposal of bed bug infested property.
5. Greet and answer queries from residents and building visitors
and provide information and updates to staff.
6. Perform regularly assigned tasks including but not limited to:
clean and straighten lobby, hallways, unoccupied offices,
bathrooms, elevators, residential rooms, interior and exterior
common areas. Clean windows, floors, countertops, appliances, and
fixtures. Other cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming,
washing, disinfecting and polishing.
7. Conduct periodic inspections of common areas.
8. Report any hazardous conditions or emergency situations.
9. Serve or disburse tenant notices, bulletins, and rent statements
as assigned by Property Management and/or Supportive Housing
10. Refer residents/clients to appropriate service staff as
11. Monitor surveillance cameras and overall security of properties
and enforce building visiting policies.
12. Use CCC computers to access housing and resident
13. Update lobby area with appropriate health and social services
14. Remove ice and snow as required during inclement weather.
15. Inventory, label and store tenant property.
16. Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
17. Assist new residents to become familiar with the community and
18. Collect random and required observed urinalyses as assigned by
Property Management or Supportive Housing staff.
19. Answer and direct telephone calls to appropriate staff, take
messages, deliver notices and other documents, and maintain files
as time allows or as assigned.
20. Maintain daily event logs, delivery logs, incident reports,
building rosters, and other reports and forms as assigned and as
necessary to complete job duties.
21. Attend all required company trainings.
22. Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including
HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements
regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support
compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to
community partners' and outside providers' patient confidentiality
agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR
access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected
health information or personal identification information of any
person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the
CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their
23. Report to other sites as directed by your manager or
24. Other duties as assigned and assisting with special projects as
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved
communities during decision-making process.
2. Ability to consider impacts of oppression, structural racism,
and individual bias on client outcomes.
3. Ability to effectively and courteously communicate and interact
with a wide variety of people, including tenants, clients,
co-workers, corrections personnel, police, merchants, the general
public, and supervisor on the telephone or in person.
4. Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and
in writing and to understand and follow verbal and written
6. Detailed oriented; ability to maintain accurate records and
7. Ability to work independently or as a team member and to
establish priorities with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to display a non-judgmental attitude, and a willingness
to learn and apply new skills.
9. Ability to work and maintain professional composure in an
environment where people may be hostile, abusive, or combative.
10. Ability to set and maintain professional boundaries.
11. Knowledge of de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in
12. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform
assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks and to pull, lift and move
heavy objects, cartons or equipment.
13. Ability to learn applicable safety policies and procedures,
including Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and the ability to apply
workplace and job-site safety standards.
1. High school diploma or GED preferred.
2. Previous work experience preferred.
3. If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program
of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety a minimum
of 90 days before beginning work.
4. Successful completion of Central City Concern's Community
Volunteer Corps program is preferred.
5. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
6. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
7. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach,
pull, lift heavy objects, and operate mechanical equipment.
8. Must be 200% below the Federal Poverty Line and receiving
services at any Central City Concern (CCC) program and/or living in
9. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
10. Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for
employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: administrative coordinator, administrative
secretary, assistance, assistant, associate, clerk, front desk,
human resources, office, support
Keywords: Central City Concern, Beaverton , Central City Staffing Trainee, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!