PT Dog Trainer - K
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Dog Training position is responsible for Dog Training brand
consistency, delivering all program offerings and maintaining
operational standards within the store. The Dog Trainer will be the
primary resource and leader in their store regarding Petco's
Positive Dog Training program and consequently be accountable for
consistent achievement of the store's budgeted sales goals by
driving sales, while educating and engaging all store partners. As
the Dog Trainer, you must follow Petco's Positive Dog Training
curriculums and methodologies. You must be committed to and show a
genuine interest in enhancing communication and teamwork between
dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and rewarding
success while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet
parents and store partners. Provide pet parents with exceptional
Dog Training instruction and customer service by acting as a
subject matter expert for Petco's Positive Dog Training Program,
products, services and in-store promotions, to our canine pet
friends and their pet parents, helping them strengthen their bond
through fun and educational training.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the
following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable
- Must promote the positive training philosophies of the Petco
Positive Dog Training Program and ensure a safe dog training
environment for pet parents, customers, dogs and Petco
- Must confidently perform all tasks & duties as outlined in the
Dog Training Instructor Program.
- Promote, conduct and instruct all current Dog Training
- Consistently meet and exceed store's budgeted sales.
- Be a Dog Training related resource for Dog Trainers in store to
support consistent achievement of targeted goals and exhibit the
ability to enlist the aid and support to accomplish common
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and
written communication with all pet parents and store partners
regarding Dog Training or other pet services.
- Encompass excellent listening skills and able to effectively
coach in an encouraging and motivating way by delivering points
efficiently and easily.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings and can
command attention, establish clear directions and create a climate
that motivates others.
- Cross-train store management and partners on how to promote Dog
Training classes using the G.U.E.S.T.+ model by engaging pet
parents and provide solutions to various training challenges, and
the products needed to assist in solving those issues within
- Maintain provided class-related materials to consistently call
back interested pet parents in a timely manner, promote Dog
Training classes, seminars, workshops, Meet Your Trainer and/or Dog
Training events sponsored by Petco.
- Utilize and maintain all Dog Trainer tools as defined in
operational guidelines (such as calendars, flyers, business cards,
local store marketing, build an event) with all partners as part of
G.U.E.S.T.+ to drive the Dog Training business
- Form and maintain relationships with store management, store
partners, grooming partners, 3rd party services vendors and local
adoption partners and be familiar with Petco's Think Adoption First
- Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be
able to engage with customers regarding their features and
- Upon hiring, must complete Petco's Positive Dog Training
Instructor Program and associated Petco onboarding within specified
- Complete and maintain other MyLearningCenter courses as
- Consistently set, capture and record Dog Training class selling
targets with all store partners and General Manager.
- Schedule a minimum of two new classes starting weekly (5 start
dates a month on a weekend day), include two level two classes, two
Canine Good Citizen classes and adhere to the national seminar
dates and times. Add seminars and workshops on as-needed basis. The
Dog Training calendar to be posted two months in advance and
updated with any changes (in partnership with other Dog
- Execute both national and local policies and procedures related
to the delivery of Positive Dog Training classes with Petco pet
parents, including operations, safety, and loss prevention
- Knowledge of Dog Training class-related materials and tools
available for store order through the Online Supply System and, in
partnership with the Dog and Cat Department Manager, ensure all
products are in stock and available in store at all times.
- Effectively employ suggestive enrollment techniques to
consistently increase and drive Dog Training enrollments while
meeting and exceeding budget.
- Maintain familiarity with current store promotions and special
- Maintain Dog Training area cleanliness and equipment per
Operational guidelines and Policy and Procedures. This includes but
is not limited to maintaining dog training barriers, dog training
kiosk and associated signage.
- Must embrace and advocate the role of Dog Trainer in own store
and local area to consistently represent Petco's positive
atmosphere and culture by positively communicating with dogs, dog
parents, store partners and your community.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quick and courteous service to all Petco customers by
determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest
the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively
employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual
- Complete cash register transactions as well as customer
carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not
exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
- Assist in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise
according to established procedures in order to ensure that the
store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensure that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the
highest quality care, are maintained in habitats that are clean,
safe and secure and that all reasonable and required steps are
taken to maintain their good health.
- Alert store management immediately if any animal, reptile, bird
or fish is abused, in need of medical attention or other special
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the
professional image and appearance of the store, to include
sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing
the merchandise on the shelves.
- Assist store management in the opening/closing of the store as
needed, to include the accurate completion of required
- Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical
- Adhere to and promote established safety and loss prevention
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although
merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an
associate leave the store briefly. Position requires bending,
kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for
long periods of time. The large majority of this partner's time
will be spent in direct contact with our customers and their
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Keywords: PetCo, Beaverton , PT Dog Trainer - K, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!