Patient Access Representative
Company: TotalMed, TotalMed
Posted on: April 30, 2021
The Patient Access Representative is the first point of
contact of a patient in a hospital facility. Among the duties
include the checking-in and out of a patient, gathering a patient's
information for the Doctors and Nurses to use, communicates with
the patient's family or caregivers, and processes insurance
- Consistently practices Patients First philosophy and adheres to
high standards of customer service. This includes setting an
example to peers, coworkers, etc. by fostering a team
- Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic
information in accordance with organization standards.
- Reaches out to patients to schedule an appointment as
- Completes out-of-pocket estimations as requested by
- Utilizes department and hospital policies and procedures to
complete assigned tasks.
- Communicates information to the patient regarding questions
about physician referrals, insurance referrals and
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefit levels through the
use of online tools (NDAS, ASF, etc.) or over the phone as
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of healthcare and or medical office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Additional education.
- Healthcare finance and/or healthcare insurance experience.
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare setting, especially
patient scheduling and/or registration.
Keywords: TotalMed, TotalMed, Beaverton , Patient Access Representative, Other , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!