Assistant General Counsel, Legal Innovation & Strategic Initiatives
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Home - MCCA Hot Jobs - Assistant General Counsel, Legal
Innovation & Strategic Initiatives MCCA Hot Jobs PRACTICE AREAS:
Business Law, Corporate
JOB TYPE: In-House Company: Nike, Inc.
Position: Assistant General Counsel, Legal Innovation & Strategic
Location: Beaverton, OR Description: At the core of NIKE is one
simple idea: innovate. NIKE's rapid pace of innovation demands a
change mindset and visionaries to lead change. As NIKE changes the
future of sport, the NIKE Chief Administrative Office ("CAO", which
includes the Legal, Social & Community Impact, Government & Public
Affairs and Resilience functions) powers NIKE to deliver on its
ambitious company goals, while protecting its assets and delivering
elite corporate governance!The role will help us move faster,
innovate faster and enhance the productivity of our team through
the development of new approaches to process, policy and tools to
unlock more from our CAO team. It will also help us drive necessary
innovative and strategic change across the CAO and company.Your
responsibilitiesAs an Assistant General Counsel on the CAO's
Operations, Innovation & Strategic Initiatives team, you will
support and implement critical initiatives, accelerate new ways of
working and push forward key efforts for the CAO. This will
include, without limitation:
- Help drive the implementation and adoption of innovative
solutions across the Legal team, with an initial focus on
delivering NIKE Contracts, which supports the contracting
capability across the enterprise.
- Be a leader and driver of Strategic Initiatives across the CAO,
including its Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Pro Bono
- Support the streamlining of processes, policies, contractual
standards and procedures, in partnership with NIKE's Finance,
Controlling, Procurement, Global Contracting Office teams, and
external partners and Legal partners.
- Help drive efficiency-based initiatives, ensuring that Legal
serves the company at speed, while effectively managing risks and
unlocking opportunities.What you bring to Nike?The following are
the personal, professional, and performance competencies required
to be successful in the role:Grow Yourself and Grow the Business:
- The ability to drive and operationalize an inspiring and
forward-looking vision for the CAO.
- The capacity to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources
to support decisions and to align cross-functionally.
- An entrepreneurial spirit to develop new, innovative ideas that
will stretch the CAO and push the limits of its potential and drive
the change to make it come alive.
- A common sense, pragmatic enterprise-first approach.
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad
change with an understanding of how much change CAO is capable of
handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that
are achievable, sustainable, and successful.
- The capacity to think end to end, systematically and
empathically to achieve high quality results for the CAO and the
Enterprise.Grow the Business: Accountability and Results Oriented
- The ability to successfully navigate organizational
transformations, and be comfortable with ambiguity, risk and
- The capacity to be a risk-taker who seeks data and input from
others to foresee possible unintended circumstances from decisions;
someone who takes smart and calculated risks to unlock enterprise
- Curiosity coupled with a high degree of integrity and
forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to
act in an open and consistent manner while taking into account what
is best for NIKE and its people.Grow the Business and Grow
Together: Inspiring Leadership
- The ability to cultivate a diverse and inclusive corporate
culture, while simultaneously unleashing, inspiring, and maximizing
the full potential of all organizational talent.
- The capacity to motivate the CAO, delegate effectively,
celebrate diversity within the team, and manage, develop, enable
and maximize (individually and collectively) the performance and
professional growth of team members.
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges and exhibit
a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards
of individual and enterprise accountability.
- The power to be a self-reflective, vulnerable, and aware leader
who understands his/her own limitations and leads by example.Grow
Together and Grow Yourself: Relationship Management and Influence
- The power to successfully engage and collaborate with teammates
within Legal, and across the CAO and NIKE.
- The ability to connect, build, and maintain positive
relationships, while demonstrating emotional intelligence and an
ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- The ability to manage confrontation in a sensitive and
- The knack to inspire trust in others through storytelling,
communication skills, influence, charisma, passion in his/her
beliefs, and active drive.
- The talent to shine the spotlight on others and celebrate and
support the success of the team.
- The capacity to be a servant leader and great teammate, with a
positive demeanor and an adventurous spirit. Qualifications:What
you bring to Nike:
- Law degree from an accredited US university or equivalent in
- Member, in good standing, of at least one U.S. state bar or a
foreign equivalent, and if not already a member in good standing in
the Oregon state bar, a commitment to seek membership in the Oregon
state bar within the first 6 months of joining the Legal team.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in the practice of general
business law with a major law firm and/or corporate legal
department; with a significant focus on complex commercial
transactions required; experience with employment law, intellectual
property, privacy or anti-bribery/anti-corruption preferred.
- Proven, robust international experience is required.
- Excellent English (written and spoken) language skills, fluency
in additional languages is a plus.NIKE, Inc. is a growth company
that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous
total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and
inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional
development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike
employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and
innovation to every athlete* in the world.NIKE, Inc. is committed
to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: MCCA, Beaverton , Assistant General Counsel, Legal Innovation & Strategic Initiatives, Legal , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!