Principal Software Quality Engineer - Planning and Manufacturing Technology
Posted on: May 28, 2023
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6 years' IT or business experience.
- 7+ years as a Quality Engineer Lead or Manager.
- Experience in defining end to end testing strategy of large-scale applications.
- Expertise in software testing methodologies, quality test tools & associated tools (JIRA, Confluence, selenium, Cucumber, TestComplete, Pytest, Mocha, Solution Manager, UFT, JMETER, Worksoft, Quality center/ALM etc.).
- Commanding knowledge and experience with a diversity of automation testing tools and platforms.
- Experience in testing with micro service and full stack architecture; strong knowledge of SOA principles.
- Experience in leading and driving testing on horizontally and highly scalable cloud-based architecture. AWS cloud infrastructure experience strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge with practical hands-on experience in leading teams to implement quality practices across Planning and Manufacturing Solutions in Retail using packaged solutions in any of the following (o9, Anaplan, Oracle, Blue Yonder, SAP, Tools Group).
- Strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with relational databases, streaming and batch data processing.
- Proven track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work collaboratively at all levels in matrix environment.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements, and architecture conversations with all collaborators (management, business users, and technology resources).
- Strong team management and leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment.
***Remote Work Option open to remote work except cannot work in the following locations: SD,VT, and WV. These candidates will be required to relocate.**
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $147,500 in our lowest geographic market to $321,000 in our highest geographic market. Actual salary will vary based on a candidate's location, qualifications, skills and experience. Information about benefits can be found here (https://jobs.nike.com/benefits) .
ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM
As a Principal Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the Quality Engineering capabilities for Nikes Planning and Manufacturing Products! You will work on defining strategy, roadmap and implement quality focused governance, KPIs and metrics.
We partner with different product teams in creation and implementation of test assets test plans, cases, data, and reports. As an Expert Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for strategy, planning, execution tracking and reporting to validate technology solutions as per quality standards. You will be working along the product and engineering teams implementing quality frameworks and agile practices to enable speed to market of technology products. You will ensure projects meet quality standards by providing technical mentorship in planning, crafting, and completing testing and developing procedures relating to product quality on complex projects. You will develop implementation patterns to integrate testing framework with data pipelines, user experiences and packaged vendor solutions like O9, Tools group, SAP, etc. Responsible for driving implementation of process automation across business and technology teams.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Adopt and implement organizations software development lifecycle, software testing methodologies, debugging tools, and quality test tools.
- Define and implement software quality engineering guidelines, standard processes, road map and strategy across technology products.
- Recommends strategies and methods to improve test plans and processes across product life cycle.
- Partner with supply chain vendors on defining and measuring the performance test KPIs.
- Crafting end to end test plan and coordinating efforts to implement UAT with business collaborators across multiple work streams, publish SIT and UAT execution status and defects status, metrics to the project team on a regular basis.
- Perform code reviews and formal reviews of application designs, business, and functional requirements.
- Build Automation frameworks and reference implementations of testing tools to leverage across engineering lifecycle unit, system integration, functional, performance testing.
- Develop operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process, and contract requirements and objectives.
- Train and motivate teams of peers, engineers, or others to implementation on the test patterns and testing frameworks.
- Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various project/technology issues.
- Preparing, managing, and driving manual, automation, functional, and integration testing effort.
- Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis for testing needs multiple projects supporting several organizational initiatives.
- Analyzes and reports overall test status and results.
- Defines and coordinates regression tests, and production verification and validation for future projects.
- Perform risk analysis at project management level.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Collaborate with Business Partners, software engineering, product manager, and architecture to provide leadership in crafting and driving the best quality practices and solutions across multiple domains/ solution areas, giving to the future success of the business through innovations in technology.
- Collaborate with Nike Global Technology Quality COE to adopt and innovate new practices and automations.
- Develop highly effective working relationships with product owners, developers, analysts, operations, and other team members in support of the software process to ensure that releases are tested and ready for a production environment.
- You will help on the architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring.
**(Open to Beaverton, OR, Bay Area, CA, or Atlanta, GA)**NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.
WHAT YOU BRING
Keywords: Nike, Beaverton , Principal Software Quality Engineer - Planning and Manufacturing Technology , IT / Software / Systems , Beaverton, Oregon
here to apply!