Technical Support Engineer II
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Technical Support Engineer 2JOB SUMMARYThe primary function of
this position is to provide technical support related to hardware,
software, and applications for products to Field Engineers, Service
Representatives and Customers. This position utilizes product
knowledge and technical experience to dispatch field service
engineers, prepare service quotations, resolve problems, and answer
questions for a wide variety of people inside and outside the
company. Additionally, this position maintains the customer service
database, and generates reports as requested.DUTIES AND
- Provide primary phone/e-mail support to respond to software,
hardware and application questions and problems for products from
Customers, Service Representatives and Field Engineers. Assumes
ownership of customer questions/problems received until
- Troubleshoot and provide technical assistance to Customers,
Service Representatives and Field Engineers.
- Prepare service quotations as necessary.
- Dispatch Field Service Engineers as necessary.
- Complete and maintain call tracking records to ensure closure
of all calls and to maintain problem/solution information tracking
and analyze product failure rates.
- Identify and document software bugs and hardware design
deficiencies for correction.
- Write and distribute product support documentation on new and
existing products. This includes support bulletins, troubleshooting
tips, recommended spares lists and service plans.
- Ensure continued supportability by contributing to the analysis
of proposed ECN's and CAR's when requested and implementing
approved ECN's and CAR's that affect Service.
- Participate in the introduction of new products by performing
serviceability reviews, developing service repair techniques, and
determining service spares requirements as required.
- Generate reports from the customer service database as
required.QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTSEDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE/TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in electronic product engineering
and/or service with technical responsibilities.
- BSCS or BSEE with software and optics emphasis or equivalent
knowledge and/or work experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with Visual Basic.Net.
- Excellent written and oral (phone and in-person) communication
and negotiation skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work varying shifts, starting at 5:00 AM or ending
at 6:00 PM or later.
- Availability to travel as required in support of customers.
Travel is expected to be approximately four trips per year but can
vary depending on customer support issues and requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of fiber optic concepts is
- Multi-lingual skills are a plus.Please submit a resume for
consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided
resume will be contacted.If you would like to learn more about
Telecommunications opportunities, contact Jason Brown with gpac at
email@example.com or 605-679-9941.All qualified applicants
will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex
(including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military
status, genetic information, or any other status protected by
applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies)
is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality
professionals within multiple industries across the United States
since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and
realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right
solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Beaverton , Technical Support Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...