Senior Software Developer
Posted on: September 18, 2022
ROLE DESCRIPTION The Software Developer is responsible for
research, design, development and initial testing of cloud-based
desktop, web, and mobile solutions with Microsoft's Windows Azure
Cloud Computing Technology. This position is responsible for
specific solutions-based projects within our Engineering team
-projects may focus on infrastructure, product enhancements,
customer integrations or new product development. It requires a
deep knowledge of the Microsoft.NET technology stack, exceptional
self-motivation and desire to learn and adapt in a team
environment, strong communication, collaboration and development
skills. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design, develop and modify software systems or databases, using
analysis and models to predict and measure outcome and consequences
* Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to
new hardware, code or systems or to improve performance.
* Consult with internal and external customers about project
design, process and needs. Determine performance standards and work
with project managers to select milestones for phasing.
* Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain
information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related
projects, performance requirements and interfaces. Analyze user
needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design
within time and strategy constraints.
* Store, retrieve, document and manipulate code and data for
analysis of system capabilities and requirements, storage and
* Develop and communicate information for quality assurance testing
and validation procedures. Work collaboratively with QA team for
project understanding for testing.
* Coordinate with other developers on related projects to ensure
complementary function and development. Maintain positive teamwork
and communication in fast paced, changing environment.
* Other projects, collaboration with other departments and
stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned. EDUCATION AND
* Computer Science or related field
* of .NET C# and web development experience
* Skills/knowledge in database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server
or Oracle) including database development (T-SQL or PL/SQL).
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
* Excellent knowledge of web architectural and design patterns.
* Solid working knowledge of current technologies including
object-oriented analysis and design practices (object modeling, use
cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
* Experience with/knowledge of Azure Storage and/or PaaS Hosting,
ASP.NET MVC, Expression Blend, and xaml.
* Account Payable Automation, Financial Technology or Payment
* Knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, CMM, Scrum, Lean, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Engineering, Programming and Technology - Knowledge of the
practical application of engineering science and technology. This
includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment
to the design and production of software. Writing computer programs
for various purposes. Determining how a system should work and how
changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect
outcomes. Identifying measures or indicators of system performance
and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative
to the goals of the system. Knowledge of design techniques, tools
and principles involved in production of precision technical plans,
stories and models.
* Critical Thinking, Reasoning and Persuasion- Using logic and
reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change
their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to
apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that
make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form
general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among
seemingly unrelated events). Ability to identify the underlying
principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down
information or data into separate parts. Advanced problem-solving
skills in analyzing information and evaluating results to choose
the best solution and solve problems.
* Idea Fluency and Originality/ Problem Solving - Exceptional
problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and drive win-win
solutions. The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a
topic. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general
rules or conclusions. The ability to come up with unusual or clever
ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways
to solve a problem. Adjusting actions in relation to others'
actions. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
* Administrative - Knowledge of administrative and clerical
procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and
records in a database, and other office procedures and
* Time and Task Management - Managing one's own time and the time
* Data Manipulation and Verification - Ability to accurately
record, verify, audit and follow-up on data within specified time
frames. Ability to arrange actions within rules and procedures;
ability to develop and refine the rules and procedures with
business needs and replicate results.
* English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules
of composition, and grammar. Communicating effectively in writing
as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to
convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents. Professional-level written
and verbal communication skills used for interaction and
* Active Listening and Speaking- Giving full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at
inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information and
* Service Orientation and Social Perceptiveness- Actively looking
for ways to help people while being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do.
* Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
* People and Inclusion -Always striving to drive our business
forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration,
respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give
and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work
productively with others to solve problems. WORK SCOPE AND
* Job is focused on specific area of business with established
practices and procedures; job affects all roles and activities.
Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing
priorities. Responsible for ensuring technical procedures and
compliance standards are met.
* Decisions are made within scope of expected knowledge, are
moderate to complex in nature and are used to develop systems for
others. Decisions and results affect all departments, business
decisions, payments and customers or vendors.
* Work affects flow, information, process, work and decisions of
others; and is operational and strategic in nature.
* Job has no supervisory responsibility. Requires teamwork, deep
technical skills, analysis and knowledge and application of
* Contacts are made inside the organization. Internal contacts
include the Operations, Implementation, Executive, Sales and other
Engineering teams, leads and managers.
* Position requires contact with others - in meetings, by phone or
by email. Interactions focus on data collection, problem solving,
needs analysis and information exchange. Interactions are initiated
both in person or electronically.
* Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive
information. Technical development, strategic movement and
problem-solving are primary objectives of this position.
* Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular
sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer. Job may
require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week
during peak periods. #LI-JC1
#INDTECH Job Type: Full-time Pay: From $150,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday Work Location: One location
Keywords: FLEETCOR, Beaverton , Senior Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!