Direct Support Professional - $20/hr!
Company: Rise Services
Posted on: September 9, 2022
Portland, OR - Tigard, OR
$20.00 - $20.00 Hourly
Nonprofit - Social Services
RISE provides services for people with disabilities including
residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed
care, and hourly supports.
Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This
encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide
services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders. We
believe in the individuals, families and employees who are part of
our organization and that opportunities can and should be created
through all of our actions.
As an In-Home Direct Support Professional, you'll be working in a
home setting. Your goal is to develop meaningful relationships with
your client and their family and help them set and achieve goals.
Your success will allow your client to develop their confidence and
independence and ensure their physical and emotional safety. This
includes but not limited to: assisting people with daily living,
hygiene, meal prep, mobility, and behavioral supports.
- Provide assistance to people receiving support through the
implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Demonstrate respect and promote choice.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute
to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or
- Follow clients plan to achieve desired outcomes and provide
supports as indicated.
- Keeping required electronic and paper documentation including
data tracking, completing Incident Reports (IRs), and clocking
time) and shift notes in compliance with Electronic Visit
Verification (EVV through DCI)
- Assist people (as applicable to the person) with the following
- Daily living
- Intimate care
- Encouraging relationships
- Accessing their community, provide/arrange transportation
- Therapeutic objectives
- Skill development
- Behavioral supports to include redirecting and/or physically
supporting people using approved techniques
- Adequate supervision
- Medication and medical issues when indicated. Shall follow
medical protocols and doctors orders and implement specialized
interventions for dealing with unique health needs as required
- Other needs of the person as identified by the team
- Communicate status of supports and other issues/problems as
needed with supervisor
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using
appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other
behavior as needed.
- Ensure that individuals health and safety are maintained.
- Quickly and effectively respond to emergency situations and
natural disasters such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR,
approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
- Providing care for individuals receiving support and meeting
minimum supervision levels
- Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training as required
- Plan and implement meaningful activities that promote skill
development for people receiving support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to
the specific job.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Approved Background Clearance Application, through the Office
of Licensing annually
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be
- Reliable transportation to the work site and for transporting
people, if applicable.
- Access to a telephone
- Must be able to meet minimum training requirements and complete
renewals as assigned
- Must be 21+ if required to drive an approved RISE vehicle and
maintain a valid Drivers License, acceptable Driving Record, and
current auto insurance that meet minimum requirements of RISE
insurance policies if personal vehicle is used for transporting
We truly believe that where you work matters- our employees make a
positive difference in our clients lives every day and in turn, our
clients bring sunshine to gloomy days.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Flexible schedules
- On site- hands on human service experience
- Paid for training
- Referral Bonus Program
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as
requested by their supervisor.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process or hiring process, please submit your request
through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-###-####
(b) Dedicated email ...@riseservicesinc.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-###-####: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace
diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
Keywords: Rise Services, Beaverton , Direct Support Professional - $20/hr!, Human Resources , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!