Retail Store Supervisor
Company: GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE
Posted on: March 14, 2023
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE Job
- TITLE: Retail Store Supervisor
- IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant & Store Manager
- DEPARTMENT: Operations
- EEO#: 4
- DIVISION: All BENEFITS:
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- 403b Retirement GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports the Store Manager in
the operation of a Goodwill retail store. Follows specific
guidelines and operates with minimal supervision. Acts as Manager
in absence of Assistant Store Manager and/or Store Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions: Leadership
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to GICW s
rules, policies, safety procedures, CARF and Kaizen
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Direct the activities of store personnel, ensuring that all
sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately and ensure
that donated goods are processed in accordance with standards.
- Resolve customer issues in accordance with GICW policies and
standards in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Support open door policy in accordance with GICW policy.
- Maintain positive and professional relationship with all
- Attend all mandatory classes in Store Manager Development and
Training program and ongoing training classes as offered.
- Ensure the quality and quantity of work performed by employees
according to GICW policy.
- Ensure proper adherence by store staff to policies and
procedures. Utilize intervention recommended by Human Resources to
effectively maintain employee relations.
- Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by
- Maintain all store records including but not limited to
production, financials and human resources in a timely and accurate
- Maintain all interior and exterior areas to ensure ease of
operations according to GICW policy.
- Interact with customers, donors and ensures excellent customer
- Comply with cash handling and POS procedures.
- Evaluate and react to financial reports in sales and
- Responsible for the store operations in the Assistant Manager
and/or Store Manager absence. Human Resources
- Participates in hiring, training and evaluating employees in a
thorough, organized and timely manner.
- Responsible for timely intervention, discipline and appropriate
documentation for all employees.
- Comply with GICW employment practices and EEO guidelines and
policies. Loss Prevention
- Keep premises clean and free of safety hazards. Ensure that
safety procedures are understood and followed by all staff and
- Ensure all loss prevention matters are reported, investigated
and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper operation of store security including, but not
limited to: new and used goods, door locks, alarms, office door,
bank deposits, refunds, safe, and incident reports.
- Ensure proper cash handling, enforcement of cash register
procedures and submission of required reports.
- Follows proper new goods procedure by correctly processing,
securing and inventorying as directed. Incidental Functions:
- Other duties as assigned. Long Term Services (LTS) The
Incidental Functions listed below pertain to retail stores that
have participants in the assigned location:
- Assist participants with behavior issues.
- Comply with all CARF standards.
- Prepare and maintain store and LTS records including but not
limited to participant payroll, productivity records, case notes,
monthly reports and any other reports or documentation
- Provide backup coverage to the Integration Specialist as
- Attend 20 hours of LTS approved continuing education classes
each year. QUALIFICATIONS: Specific:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or GED and a minimum of one year s retail
- Prior profit and loss, sales or cost management
- Must possess strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business
- Must successfully complete GICW s Cashier Certification
- Must provide own transportation as required. General:
- Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory
attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy
and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to
verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm
to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the
job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a
tendency toward theft, violence, dishonestly, deceit, drug
manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is
otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on the job
description. This may include passing a state-mandated,
federally-conducted criminal background check.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in
the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet GICW quantitative performance standards. POSITIONS
- Production Associates, Cashiers and SDA s. In retail stores who
have participants in the assigned location, may supervise
participants in the absence of the Integration Specialists. WORK
- Work is performed in a retail and production setting.
- May be exposed to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving of merchandise.
- Retail store supervisors are subject to transfer to other
locations within the GICW system.
- May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable
- High adaptability required. Work environment usually hectic
(fast paced) with irregular short deadlines, and a limited number
of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Medium Click "Apply" to submit
your resume today!
Keywords: GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE, Beaverton , Retail Store Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...