Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About Central City Concern (CCC)
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Central City
Since 1979, the Portland Community has trusted Central City Concern
(CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. Every
year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing, or at risk-of,
homelessness with affordable and supportive housing,
person-centered health care, addiction recovery and employment
assistance. By providing health care, housing and jobs, CCC is
ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their
Benefits at CCC
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our
employees. We offer an extensive total rewards package to include
base wages, medical, dental, vision and voluntary plans. Central
City Concern also takes employees' financial wellness into
consideration and provides a rich retirement match. In the spirit
of inclusivity, we celebrate 11 holidays and have a generous PTO
(paid time off) plan.
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO
accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive
- 11 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
Now Hiring: Pharmacy Technician at CCC's Old Town Clinic in
Schedule: Monday - Friday; variable schedule between 8am - 6pm
Pharmacy Technician - Role Summary: The Pharmacy Technician
provides technical support to pharmacists in the processing of
prescriptions and maintenance of the Pharmacy Department. This
position is aimed at individuals who have experience in the
Pharmacy Technician Field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pharmacy Technician Duties
- Perform all duties necessary to ensure the safe and accurate
preparation of medications, including gathering necessary patient
information, entering it into the computer system, counting or
pouring medications and labeling containers.
- Accurately and efficiently utilize GSL, dispensing system, and
- Maintain excellent customer service, including answering phones
and refill requests from patients, and responding to questions from
staff and patients that do not require a pharmacist's professional
expertise or judgment.
- Maintains billing and insurance accuracy by performing on-line
billing procedures, calling third-party insurers for clarifications
of payments, and assisting in preparation of prior authorization
- Contributes to and continually builds a positive work
environment. Maintains a positive attitude towards co-workers and
patients alike. Effectively communicates with all staff including
but not limited to other technicians, Technician Supervisor, PIC,
Associate Director of Pharmacy, any other clinic staff, etc.
regarding but not limited to current projects, workflow improvement
strategies, and overall pharmacy systems management.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including
HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements
regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support
compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to
community partners' and outside providers' patient confidentiality
agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR
access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected
health information or personal identification information of any
person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the
CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the pharmacist.
Leadership and Planning Duties
- Performs the technician operations of the pharmacy in a
cost-effective manner, including monitoring of inventory and
pricing, supporting day-to-day operations, and assuring adequate
resources are available to meet customer needs.
- Actively contributes to the planning and achievement of
Pharmacy Department objectives and goals.
- Actively contributes to the evaluation and continuous
improvement of patient services, policies and procedures
- Works in collaboration with the Old Town Clinic Pharmacist(s)
and technicians to develop and meet departmental goals and
Skills and Abilities
- Methods and techniques of pharmacy operation
- Knowledge of medical terminology, various insurance plans and
- Basic algebra and general chemistry knowledge
- Modern office procedures and methods, including computer
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Must be able to work within an integrated, multidisciplinary
- Required: High school diploma or GED.
- Must have current license with the Oregon State Board of
Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician or must be able to obtain one
before starting the job.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by
- Must adhere to CCC policies and procedures.
- Must be physically able to walk and climb stairs several times
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
- Ability to adhere to Central City Concern's drug-free workplace
which encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment
and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Ace of 1988.An
employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture,
distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or
- Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural
backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat each
individual with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for
employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: blood collection, medical laboratory science,
medical technologist, molecular, sterile processing technician,
technician, technician ii, technician lab, technician laboratory,
Keywords: Central City Concern, Beaverton , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!