Dental Sterilization Aide
Posted on: January 14, 2023
-Under the direct supervision of the Dental Office Manager of
Clinical Services Supervisor, provide support to dental assistants
and providers in maintaining a sterile and aseptic environment in
the assigned dental office.Essential Responsibilities:
- Sterilize and process/store dental instruments in accordance
with Infection Control Guidelines. -Weekly Biological monitoring.
Maintenance of sterilization equipment in accordance with
manufacturers instructions. -Clean sterilization and other clinical
equipment, including operations, operatory equipment and
handpieces, in accordance with Infection Control Guidelines and the
manufacturers recommendations. -Mix disinfectant solutions.
- Assist in restocking operatories after patients use in
accordance with established guidelines. -Receive and ship dental
lab cases. Verify accuracy of mailing slips with cases. -Pour
impressions and trim models. -Clean lab cases and laboratory
equipment in accordance with Infection Control Guidelines.
-Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory. -Assist in cleaning
operatories after patients use in accordance with Infection Control
Guidelines, under the direction of the provider or dental
assistant. -Monitor shipment and receipt of handpieces for routine
maintenance. -Order/replace secondary hazard communication
container labels as needed. -Participate in the confirmation
calling process. -Enter/receive selected information into/from the
Programs automated dental information system, such as Perio
charting. -Participate in maintaining an adequate inventory of
dental instruments and supplies within the assigned dental office.
-Conforms with established dress code and takes appropriate
precautions to protect clothing from soiling and contamination,
consistent with established infection control guidelines. -
- Perform other duties as assigned by the office manager or
supervisory personnel that are consistent with the individuals
training and experience in an active and cooperative manner.Basic
- N/A -Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. -License, Certification, Registration
- N/A -Additional Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to uphold applicable infection control guidelines at
all times to maintain patient safety.
- Ability to pass competency exam (Biological Monitors) at 85%
within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- Ability to work in a complex high activity environment.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a minimum of four (4) hours at a time.
- Two (2) years experience working with Dental care professionals
in a high-volume environment.
- Two (2) years experience with infection control and safety
- Previous KP work experience and thorough knowledge of KP
- Basic knowledge of sterilization and infection control
equipment and practices. -Notes:
- Days/Times vary.
- Travel Clackamas, Gresham, Glisan, Rockwood, Johnson Creek,
Eastmoreland, Oregon City dental.Job Schedule: Job Category: Dental
Keywords: Kaiser, Beaverton , Dental Sterilization Aide, Healthcare , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!