Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Company: Prestige Care, Inc.
Posted on: May 11, 2022
What does a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) do?
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing
residents with direct nursing care and assistance with daily
activities under the direction of a Licensed Nurse and as directed
in resident care plan.
Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC), and Nursing Assistant Registered
(NAR) are the state of Washington only.
In this job, every day you will---
* Ensure resident's personal care needs are being met through
routine check-ins and promptly responding to call lights.
* Provide care to residents as outlined in the resident care plan.
Reviews changes to resident care plans daily.
* Communicate observed changes in the resident's condition to
charge nurse for assessment.
* Assist residents with individual personal care needs such as
grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care,
toileting, skin care, or other needs as required in the resident's
* Perform tasks as assigned by the charge nurse including but not
limited to taking vital signs, capturing residents' weights, and
* Lift, move, and transfer residents using proper methods and
lifting devices as required in the resident care plan.
* Document care and assistance provided to residents as required by
* Protect the personal belongings of each resident such as
eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing,
and memorabilia. Promptly report missing items according to
* Complete all job duties while following required infection
control procedures, including but not limited to thorough hand
washing, proper use of personal protective equipment and proper
disposal of soiled materials.
* Follow and supports fire life safety practices and procedures and
promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate
* Complete all requirements for in-service training.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Experience you need to qualify:
* A high school diploma or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained
through a combination of education, training, and experience.
* Must hold current Certification in the specific state in which
you wish to practice.
* Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with residents,
visitors, and staff. Good written and oral communication skills.
Ability to understand verbal directions and read written
instructions. Ability to understand the daily needs of residents.
Ability to read and interpret documents, including safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide simple
* Ability to accurately observe, report, and problem-solve
residents' needs with assistance of a supervisor. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
* Work with residents in a Skilled Nursing Center. Potential
exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Certified Nursing
Assistant (CNA) role and what can we offer you?
* We are a 35+ year old, family owned and operated organization
that has a strong promote from within culture. We have a defined
career path for you to take, if you want to move up.
* any locations so you can move up sooner, into leadership roles,
where you can have greater job titles, make more money, and have a
* Robust and comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, EAP, 401k match, employer paid life and disability
insurance, and more.
* Accessible and engaging local and regional nursing support staff
to bounce ideas off of, get additional guidance + training, and
partnership to allow you to be a high performer.
* Lots of training and support from the Resident Care Managers,
Staff Development Coordinators, Registered Nurses, and Directors of
Ways you can advance beyond the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Once you master this role, you could consider the Lead CNA, Central
Supply Coordinator, or with additional education, the Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN) or other more clinical
jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to
personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring
based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and
respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us,
coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and
viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we
celebrate what makes us different.
In adherence with state and federal mandates, Prestige Care team
members are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October
18, 2021 as a condition of employment, unless a team member
qualifies for a religious or medical exemption.
Who Is Prestige Care?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute
care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care
communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over
5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have
the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and
respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment
to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer
that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a
healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end
of every day."
Keywords: Prestige Care, Inc., Beaverton , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Healthcare , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!