Purchasing Manager or Director of Supply Chain
Company: Vanguard EMS, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for designing,
planning, executing, controlling and monitoring supply chain
activities in order to assure the on-time-delivery of quality
product to Vanguard customers. Position includes Purchasing and
Inventory Control; may include Scheduling/Planning.Vanguard EMS,
Inc. is in the service business. Even with Vanguards state of the
art technology, vast manufacturing capability, and leading-edge
information tools, we wake up every day thinking about how best to
serve our customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we
live.RequirementsWhat youll do:
- Lead and manage the supply chain functions to support growth
targets and business plan.
- Develop, implement and manage systems to support Vanguard and
customer requirements for key vendor selection, material
procurement and cost reduction expectations.
- Establish/maintain contacts with key suppliers to ensure
visibility of future plans supporting Vanguard.
- Maintain/approve purchasing of supplies and services necessary
- Manage process for supplier qualification, selection and
- Monitor costs, schedule, performance of suppliers, and
component lead time; assist as necessary
- Manage negotiation of purchase contracts, scheduling,
expediting deliveries, inventory maintenance
- Evaluate price trends, establish price/performance objectives,
and manage supplier quotation process.
- Monitor and evaluate Supply Chain metrics, including on-time
delivery, quotations in process, inventory turns, MRB, receiving
discrepancies, cycle counts and RTV.What youll need:
- Advanced proficiency in computer systems including MS Excel,
Office, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Word
- High-level critical thinking, analysis, problem solving,
organization, ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Self-motivation, problem solving abilities, attention to
detail, team spirit and a hands on mentality
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or
quality and manage/implement long-term projects
- Excellent internal and external interpersonal and communication
skills, both written and oral.Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Experience working in/leading purchasing and planning functions
within a manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of ERP Systems, both at tactical and
- Solid understanding of all warehouse and inventory management
processes and functions, including but not limited to cycle
counting, receiving, incoming inspection, and MRB
- 10+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment,
with a minimum of 5+ years working for an EMS provider
- 5 years experience in purchasing; knowledge of material
control, contract law, international sourcingPreferred
- 4-year degree strongly preferred; additional certifications
and/or graduate degrees a plus
- FourthShift MRP system knowledge.
- Experience in an ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and/or AS9100
organization.While performing the duties of this job, the employee
uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or
controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk
or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment.
Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and
distance vision. The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described above are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status.This Job Posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list
of all the responsibilities associated with this position.
Management reserves the right to modify and assign other duties as
necessaryBenefitsEmployees enjoy a highly competitive benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K (with employer match)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
Keywords: Vanguard EMS, Inc., Beaverton , Purchasing Manager or Director of Supply Chain, Executive , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!