Assistant Case Manager - Karibu
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Karibu (pronounced kah-REE-boo) provides individualized,
culturally specific stabilization and treatment preparation for
Black/African American adults. Services include outreach and
engagement, addiction and mental health recovery support, peer
services, case management, and transitional housing in the form of
dormitory style best for 14-20 unstably housed men.
The Assistant Case Manager oversees and manages the client flow in
the Karibu program and is an integral part of the program case
management team. The Karibu assistant case manager will support and
monitor African American men exiting or diverting from
incarceration that will be assessed for their next level of
care.The Karibu assistant case manager will be a team member to
support clients who may experience severe mental health issues,
life-threatening physical health issues, I/DD issues, and dangerous
psychopathy. The Karibu assistant case manager will communicate,
document, and report client activity.
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty, and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation.
CCC is hiring an Assistant Case Manager for its new pilot program,
Split Shift: Thursday and Friday (day shift); Saturday - Monday
- Greet and direct clients, document client interactions, and
provide information and updates to day shift staff.
- Interact with clients over course of the shift as
- Provide support and basic resource information to clients.
- Monitor building/client common areas.
- Conduct periodic inspections of common areas in the building to
- Generate reports and routine computer input; create
correspondence and filing as directed by the team lead.
- Log events/ incidents using factual -observation-based
- As directed by STP/ARC/ DCP case management staff or team lead,
Obtain urinalysis from clients.
- Update the STP area with appropriate resource information as
directed by Supervisor.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security
regulations applicable to the program and CCC policies and
agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved
communities during decision-making.
- Ability to consider impacts of oppression, structural racism,
and individual bias on client outcomes.
- Basic knowledge of chemical dependency as a disease, mental
health, treatment, and intervention methods.
- Relevant or adequate knowledge of CCC health services and area
- Ability to work as a team member and to establish
- Ability to display a non-judgmental attitude and a willingness
to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal
- Basic knowledge of the community and social agencies and
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Detailed-oriented; ability to maintain accurate records and
- Knowledge of de-escalation methods or the ability to be trained
in de-escalation methods.
- Ability to interact respectfully and effectively communicate
with clients, co-workers, corrections personnel, police, merchants,
the public at large, and supervisors.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Ability to work with individuals who experience severe mental
health issues, life-threatening physical health issues,
intellectual or developmental disabilities, and potentially
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of chemical dependency, addictions, and mental
- Experience or familiarity with using computers for basic
functions (data entry, word processing)
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background
check. This includes clearance from the DHS background check
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach,
pull, lift heavy objects, and climb stairs several times a
- Must adhere to the agency's non-discrimination policies.
Central City Concern is a second-chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding the consideration of criminal background
for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: business development, case manager, case
management, development, development manager, liaison, office
manager, plan, project development, resource development
Keywords: Central City Concern, Beaverton , Assistant Case Manager - Karibu, Executive , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!