Registered Nurse - Charge - Pain Management (36 hours Portland)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: The RN Team Leader assumes a lead role, in
collaboration with a clinician partner, to assist in the
development of a high functioning self-directed team. He/she
practices and demonstrates skills that foster professional
commitment of the team members to function to their level of
licensure and training, make care decisions and assume
accountability for providing high quality and timely health care
which supports Kaiser Permanentes mission, vision and
- Leadership and Professional Competencies: Practices clinical
and team building leadership skills. Evaluates and prioritizes,
with workgroup, staffing needs on a daily basis and collaborates
with manager/staffing specialist to resolve issues. Collaborates
with physician leadership and team to design and facilitate
workflow processes (e.g. demand management such as access,
referrals, waitlists, etc.). Advocates for patients, clinicians and
staff. Identifies, addresses and monitors scope of practice issues
and takes action leading to processes for resolution. Collaborates
with physician lead, team members and manager in developing
policies and procedures for the module or department. Acts as
mentor and coach in assisting team members with issues and concerns
related to patient care and workflow. Utilizes critical thinking
and has authority to make decisions and delegate appropriate work.
Facilitates resolution of member concerns as they relate to direct
medical care issues. Demonstrates effective communication with
patients, clinicians and staff.
- Leadership and Professional Competencies: Participates in the
hiring, training and evaluating process. Participates in the
interview and selection of new team members (e.g. clinicians,
support staff). Collaborates with management to identify, develop
and facilitate orientation and training needs with the team.
Assists in the assessment and monitoring of clinical competencies
of the team. Provides input into performance evaluations. Acts as
mentor and coach in assisting team members with training or
educational needs. Demonstrates personal commitment to continuous
learning and professional development.
- Leadership and Professional Competencies: Coordinates
communication flow within the team, with other local departments
and regionally and nationally. Collaborates with physician lead and
manager to co-facilitate team meetings. Participates in
communicating module/department issues locally and regionally.
Facilitates information flow when emergency situations occur during
medical office operational hours. Communicates work team issues to
manager on a regular basis. Communicates team performance in
meeting clinical and service targets.
- Leadership and Professional Competencies: Demonstrates personal
commitment to service and to socially relevant practice.
Demonstrates behaviors that illustrate commitment to KP Promise
(quality you can trust, caring with a personal touch, convenient
and easy, and affordable). Adheres to and assists in monitoring
teams adherence to Quality of Service Standards and Behavioral
- Leadership and Professional Competencies: Demonstrates and
models ethical and legal behavior in all professional activities.
Demonstrates accountability for personal ethical behavior and for
delegated actions. Demonstrates responsible and accountable
behavior concerning own work schedule. Understands, supports and
acts as a resource related to Kaiser Permanentes policies, legal
considerations and professional ethics. Adheres to and assists in
monitoring teams adherence to Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA), confidentiality policies and Principles
of Responsibility (POR).
- Clinical Competencies: Provides clinical expertise and
professional nursing leadership and to support the health care team
in meeting the needs of the patient.
- Clinical Competencies: Understands and participates in
population based care activities which are supported by an
interdisciplinary health care team.
- Clinical Competencies: Maintains and monitors a safe and
therapeutic environment for patients, clinicians and staff.
- Clinical Competencies: Demonstrates personal proficiency in
using computer-based information and practice management systems
for decision support and provision of care.
- Organizational Competencies: Demonstrates knowledge of and
facilitates national and regional strategic initiatives at the
- Organizational Competencies: Demonstrates leadership in
applying the principles and tools of the Labor- Management
Partnership. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum two (2) years RN experience in acute care OR ambulatory
care/clinic setting within the last five (5) years. Education
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. License,
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon)
- Basic Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrates experience in clinical, leadership and team
- Able to type 20 words per minute.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication,
problem-solving, decisionmaking, time and conflict management
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer focused care.
- Demonstrates ability to work within multidisciplinary teams and
within a dynamic work environment.
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente LMP Training prior to or upon
hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in mentoring and coaching clinical
- Current or future bachelors degree in nursing or related
field.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Beaverton , Registered Nurse - Charge - Pain Management (36 hours Portland), Executive , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!