Accounting Manager - Great mission!
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Accounting Manager - Great Mission! About the Company & Position
This employer has an incredible mission, to demonstrate courage,
experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts. This
well-known organization provides sports training and competition
for their community. Here in Oregon, they serve more than 5000
athletes and their families.
- Employees say, "Fantastic Organization!" - "Opportunity to pave
your own path." - "Amazing place to work with employee benefits" -
"Great company to work for!"
- Hybrid schedule, 2 days in office. Great NW Portland
- They offer excellent benefits and PTO.
- Solid, knowledgeable and supportive CEO.
- Hybrid Schedule - once training is complete.
- Our client has a strong D/E/I vision and policy, supporting all
differences, backgrounds, abilities and viewpoints. Make the Jump
from Senior Accountant to - Accounting Manager
- Track and monitor all deposit and spend activity from multiple
bank accounts; make check and cash bank deposits on a daily/weekly
basis; initiate fund transfers, set up ACH, EFT and wire transfers
as needed. Reconcile all bank accounts.
- Document and maintain a precise system of accounting and
internal controls. Provide quality process improvements and
solutions for control issues to mitigate risk and protect company
assets. Maintain both electronic and paper documentation files for
efficient retrieval of all financial activity.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts on a monthly basis,
ensuring accuracy, clarity, quality control and compliance with
accepted accounting standards and government regulations. With
supporting documentation, prepare and enter all necessary accrual,
amortization, deferral, depreciations, reclassifications and
interdepartmental entries into the GL, bringing the books to a
trial balance for review by CEO, COO, Finance Committee and/or a
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting
requirements, tax filings, and audits such as filing the TPA 5500
form, Annual Raffle Renewal report with DOJ and W2-G's; review of
941's; prepare annual reports and recordkeeping where
- Oversee annual audit preparation and testing.
- Publish timely periodic financial reports, comply with
government regulations and enable informed and effective decision
making by senior leadership and board.
- Responsible for month-end, year-end close in a timely and
accurate manner and in accordance with GASB. What the company needs
in an Accounting Manager:
- No previous non-profit accounting experience required.
- 2-5 years of GL Accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- BS degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business,
Finance, or Human Resources. Timing is everything. Whether you are
aggressively in a job search or simply passive for the ideal
position, we would like to have the chance to share our
opportunities with you. We specialize in placement for accounting
and finance professionals. Many of our positions are not posted on
the internet. Please contact me for more information about this
role as well as other opportunities. #CFSJULY2022 #CFSAUG2022
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Beaverton , Accounting Manager - Great mission!, Executive , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!