Art Director, Global - Concepts, Purpose, Athlete
Posted on: November 19, 2021
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Art Directors lead a team of multidisciplinary designers across
multiple projects, working closely with both producers, narrators
and writers to deliver well crafted and innovative creative! They
drive design excellence and collaboration across projects, ensuring
that the team delivers coordinated creative against the seasonal
strategy. They coach multiple designers and create opportunities
for individual development, performance management, recognition and
rewards while encouraging and leading innovative thinking,
collaboration and partnership. They are passionate and connected to
the creative industry - this ever expanding knowledge, network and
interest both inspire and drive their creative thinking!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- As part of the Purpose and Athletes Creative Studio, you will
shape and champion Nike's community, sustainability and Athlete
- You will work on projects that seek to unite the world through
sport to create a healthy planet, active communities and an equal
playing for all.
- Work with the Creative Director and Sr Art Director to develop
- Drive the Art Direction with Design teams, providing
inspiration, guidance, support and direction. Encourage excellence,
ambition, and team spirit.
- Deliver best-in-class photography, video content, and digital
design in service of creating an equal and suitable playing field
- Develop and maintain relationships with photographers,
filmmakers, illustrators, designers, and their agents for editorial
creative, working strategically with other leads in the business to
ensure the strongest approach to external talent.
- Define art direction for photo/video shoots, ensuring our
content is always on-brand, diverse, dynamic, and resonates with
- Concept and develop recurring episodic content series.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in fashion, design, film,
art, media and technology as relevant to Nike and the design
- Collaborate with narrative, marketing, tech, retail,
photography and editorial to lead teams through creative concept
process and projects.
- Ensure all projects are well-planned, creatively exceptional,
and delivered on-time and within agreed budgets.
- Promote needs for training and development, coaching and
- Review project work for highest standards of quality,
consistency and success.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will partner with the Sr. Art Director, your studio teammates,
Narrative leads, Global Nike Brand Marketing, Global Brand
Experience, Global Styling, the Global Brand Imaging Studio, The
Content Production teams and Geo/City 365 Studios.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum 7+ years graphic design and art direction experience in
a branded content, agency, editorial or marketing environment.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Design or related field, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A socially conscious passion for the Athlete*, Sport*,
- A strong portfolio of relevant work, exhibiting background in
digital and editorial design.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in all aspects of layout,
typography, illustration, identity, digital and experience
production and publishing across formats and platforms.
- Thorough understanding of today's creative landscape and how
people engage with content from digital products to environments
- Ability to collaborate with and creatively manage external
- Proven ability as a manager and mentor, with passion for
developing everyone on the team-especially senior-level and
entrepreneurial talent-to grow, improve, succeed, and advance
toward collective and individual goals.
- Ability to lead team efforts while also working independently
to deliver on individual responsibilities.
- A positive mentality with proven ability to flex and adapt to
changing business needs while maintaining creative quality.
- Laser-sharp focus to work quickly and efficiently under
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills; adept at
communicating and defending creative work.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a highly
developed ability to cultivate cross-functional and external
partnerships in an open, positive and inclusive environment.
- Curiosity and in-depth understanding of design culture, current
- Strong understanding of day-to-day editorial operations and
- Astute attention to detail and meticulous organizational
- Experience across commercial and editorial environments, with
ability to bridge a connection between business needs, creative
vision, and consumer interests.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proactive approach to identifying
and acting on ways to improve the work, continually pushing the
vision of Nike Journal forward.
- A sense of humor and a positive spirit.
Keywords: Nike, Beaverton , Art Director, Global - Concepts, Purpose, Athlete, Executive , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!