Tableau Visualization Engineer
Posted on: June 24, 2022
BICP, a leader in the delivery of innovative data analytics
products for large enterprise customers is hiring a next-gen,
Tableau Visualization Engineer to join our Data Products Delivery
team at a Fortune 100 retail client in Beaverton, OR. The ideal
candidate will be an inquisitive learner with a passion for
analytics who can easily & effectively collaborate with
stakeholders across all functional areas to review and optimize
reporting, analytics, and data enablement all while aligning to
corporate objectives. Our VE will deliver leading edge data
products associated with marketplace and consumer data.We are
looking for candidates with excellent communication, interpersonal
and documentation skills in addition to proven success
collaborating effectively with both key business stakeholders and
highly technical development teams. Ideal candidates will have
strong SQL skills with any web-based skills such as React CSS,
for smart, analytical people with a unique blend of technical
aptitude and the polish required to partner with the business and
deliver accurate and meaningful insights. The key quality we are
looking for is adaptability - in other words candidates who have a
desire and passion for learning new technologies and the acumen to
ramp up on new tools quickly. We are looking to hire self-starters
that can thrive in a highly autonomous, Agile environment.What you
bring to the table:
- At least 2 years' experience creating Data Visualizations in an
enterprise data environment.
- Visualization and dashboarding techniques to make complex data
more accessible, understandable, and usable to drive business
decisions and outcomes.
- Structured and unstructured datasets, including CSV, TXT, JSON,
- Deep SQL expertise and experience with large datasets, and data
- Familiarity and hands-on with some of the following: React CSS,
- Prior experience developing visualizations connected to cloud
environments such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS.
- Creating user-centered designs that support measurable
data-driven decision making.
- Knowledge of developing visualizations for web and mobile
- Strong business acumen, possessing the ability to understand
cross-functional trends, and how those trends impact corporate
KPIs, prior experience in an operational role a plus.
- Fast learner with high attention to detail and possess a
passion for data, data quality & business analytics.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to utilize data
to tell a story.
- Strong work ethic and customer service orientation.
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced
- Proven ability to sift through data, perform analysis, identify
critical information, and develop solution options is
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical
code reviews and data issue triage.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles.What you will
- Provide analytical support, data, insights, and recommendations
to stakeholders, with a core focus on best practices within
- Drive consistency in reporting and analysis across the company,
reinforcing process, increasing visibility, and acting as a key
point of communication between stakeholder teams.
- Be the central point of contact on creating clear
visualizations and analyses for all levels, from an IC to the
executive team and board of directors.
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data
structures, and business uses of data.
- Take a senior role on the team providing leadership,
mentorship, and support to other team members.
- Advance BI team & corporate goals, promoting a data-oriented
culture, insight generation and enablement of end-users.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making
and business planning.
- Play a central role in advancing our training, data enablement
and data literacy programs across a wide variety of stakeholders
and use cases.
- Help lead and guide team to consistently deliver technical
solutions.We are looking to hire the Visualization Engineer (VE)
immediately and compensation includes a competitive base salary,
fully paid health benefits, PTO and yearend bonuses. Our VE will be
onsite Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and remote Monday & Friday in
Beaverton, Oregon.About BICP BICP is a consulting firm focused on
delivering innovative Analytics + Hyperscale platform solutions to
our customers. With deep experience across a diverse ecosystem
analytical products and cloud-based platforms we have the required
product ambiguity and expertise to deliver best in breed solutions
tailored to our client's critical business data needs.BICP is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: BICP, Beaverton , Tableau Visualization Engineer, Engineering , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!