BAU OSP Engineer
Company: System One
Posted on: January 15, 2022
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for -a BAU -OSP Engineer -working
-in the Beaverton, OR area. Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has
successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions
for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United
States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing
high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled
personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions.
Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting,
right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless
telecommunications companies. Overview: The OSP Engineer will be
responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications
outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject
matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant
facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable
counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements.
The OSP Engineer will work as a team member with Network Planning,
Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth,
replacements, and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities.
Qualified candidate will provide frontline project management for
all construction activities associated with outside plant
- Frontline project management for construction activities.
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine
necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to
gain information on planned projects that involve growth and
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and
construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County,
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for
- Attend weekly construction meetings as needed.
- Prepare project justifications for approvals.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Code and approve contractor invoices.
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
- Must have detailed knowledge of outside plant activities.
- Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following,
AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills (written
and verbal) and customer relations.
- Outside plant construction and project management experience
and inventory management experience.
- Experience in right of way, private easement and permitting
with local, state and federal entities.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5
years' experience related to outside plant.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on
outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities.
- Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications outside
- Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve
team objectives and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions
and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors,
local supervisors, and technicians. Thank you for your interest in
MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at
Keywords: System One, Beaverton , BAU OSP Engineer, Engineering , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!