Tax Accountant - Exciting Industry
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Tax Accountant - Exciting Industry!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- This client is a growing tech company.
- This opportunity is a hybrid role in Hillsboro, OR.
- They offer highly competitive comp packages and benefits
including Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance along with PTO and
a 4% 401(K) match.
- A former employee says: "Really nice people. Feels like
everyone's on the same team and there's not the adversarial
approach that sometimes happens between different groups."
What You'll Do:
- Assist with federal and state income tax audits and inquiries
from tax authorities.
- Assist with research on various federal, state, and
international tax issues.
- Assist with Sales & Use tax compliance and advisory support to
the business operations.
- Assist with International Tax issues including VAT/GST
compliance, reporting and planning, and special projects as needed,
including coordination with other departments and foreign offices.
Supports specific global income tax issues throughout tax reporting
life cycle (planning/forecasting, tax accounting, compliance, and
- Contributes to overall international/domestic tax planning by
preparing scenarios of alternative outcomes and fact patterns;
calculates, documents, and effectively explains cost, benefits, and
- Effectively utilizes available technology and internal
reporting tools to gather and analyze data to support complex
calculations. Identifies and implements improvements to the
underlying work papers.
- Navigates organization to expand network of cross-functional
peers both in order to assist in support of compliance and
- Tax Financial Reporting
- Assist with preparing quarterly and annual worldwide
consolidated income tax provision calculations under ASC
- Assist with preparation and reconciliation of uncertain tax
positions, deferred tax assets/liabilities, income tax payable, and
effective tax rate including financial statement disclosures.
- Federal and State Income Tax Compliance
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns and supporting
- Prepare federal and state extension and estimated tax payment
- Coordinate of R&D credit, Foreign Derived Intangible Income
deduction studies and other complex tax provisions.
- Prepare and maintain federal, state, and ADS fixed asset
What You'll Need:
- Experience working with tax software (CorpTax) and financial
- Working knowledge of ASC 740, income tax laws, and ability to
research complex tax issues.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products (primarily
Excel and Word).
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical
What You'll Need To Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate, MST preferred
- 2+ years of relevant corporate tax experience. May include
public accounting experience.
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search
or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the
chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in
placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our
positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for
more information about this role as well as other
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Beaverton , Tax Accountant - Exciting Industry, Accounting, Auditing , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!