Credit & Collections Representative (West Coast) REMOTE
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Company: US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLCZip Code:08873Minimum
Level of Education:Bachelor's DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:5
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: 0Who We AreGuest
Worldwide is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the
Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000
hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and
a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else
you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Guest
Worldwide is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54
billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage
distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide
and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world. For
more information, visit www.guestworldwide.com.JOB SUMMARYThe
Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for the
maintenance and administration of credit limits, payment terms, and
collection of delinquent accounts receivable for an assigned
portfolio of accounts.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review orders on credit hold and determine within the
parameters of company policy whether to remove the order from
credit hold or to hold the order pending resolution of the
- Collect monies owed from delinquent accounts within an assigned
portfolio and guide Territory Managers regarding the same.
- Respond to statements, answer correspondence and phone requests
from customers and Territory Managers, investigate mail returned as
undeliverable, and respond to bi-weekly past due to notices sent to
- Investigate financial stability and determine credit worthiness
of prospective customers applying for credit.
- Establish, maintain and adjust credit limits and payment terms
for existing accounts as per company policy.
- Recommend customers for outsourcing to litigation and prepare
collection files for review by the Manager of Credit &
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related
field, Certified Credit Executive (CCE) credentials, or related
years of experienceExperience
- 3-5 years related credit & collections experienceProfessional
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and
professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high
degree of proficiency.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from suppliers, customers, management and
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments
proactively and constructively.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple
tasks/deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Uses time effectively.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as
needed. Follow up as needed.
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and
procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (i.e., PeopleSoft) and credit
reporting systems (Dun & Bradstreet, Experian).Physical DemandsThe
physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is
performed. The demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.Work
- While this position will primarily work in an office
environment, limited travel may be required to attend other office
locations, company events, staff meetings, training sessions,
and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles for business
travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and provide proof of
current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on
business needs.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's
Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunityis available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Beaverton , Credit & Collections Representative (West Coast) REMOTE, Accounting, Auditing , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!