Solution Architect - Finance
Company: Nike, Inc.
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a
place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the
edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow,
think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity
and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and
visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills
and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and
five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and
providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams
at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the
confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in
technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and
then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and
serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are
innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking
technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike's Enterprise Architecture team partners and engages with
business and technology leaders across all the business functions
within the enterprise in planning, creating, maintaining and
executing a capability roadmap aligned to the overall company and
functional strategies to ensure that the people, process, data
insights/information, and technology needs are accurately collected
and planned for short, medium and long term execution.
The Finance Principal Solutions Architect will be responsible for
applying business and technical expertise to design, implement and
support new business capabilities strategic to Nike's long-term
growth. The immediate responsibilities for this role will be to
support solution architecture for Nike's S/4 Hana implementation as
part of it Strategic Enterprise Capabilities program.
This role will lead or participate in Finance solutions primarily
centered around SAP systems and recommend SAP and Accounting best
practices. The applicant is expected to drive continuous
improvements and SAP best practices in support of the company
vision and roadmap.
The role, however, is not limited to ERP, a broader understanding
of Finance application ecosystem is very essential to be successful
in this role.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish relationships with Finance /Controlling/FP&A
stakeholders and be an advocate for their business and technology
needs across all global Markets.
- Collaborate with Product Creation, Planning, Purchasing, Sales &
Supply Chain functions for a deeper understanding of their business
processes and their dependency and relations with Finance
- Develops solution options, recommendations, designs based on
domain roadmaps/requirements following API first model, enterprise
security standards and reference architectures
- Engage, collaborate and partner with various functional leaders,
technical leaders and executive stakeholders globally
- Provides technology guidance and insight to various business &
technology Domain leaders
- Ensures architecture alignment across domains and enabling
functions (verticals and horizontals)
- Gain acceptance of solution & ensure decisions are made and
deviations from standards are properly identified,
- Provides expert technical advice to domain delivery team and
monitor solution compliance with Nike's architecture
- Effectively collaborate with onshore or offshore team for
- Support Finance Engineering teams and ensure solid technical
architecture in adherence to Nike's Architecture principles.
- Develop Enterprise Solution Architecture patterns
- Advocate and drive adoption of "best practices" to ensure
standardization of solution designs across the enterprise
- Monitor IT trends identify new capabilities, conduct proof of
concepts and evolve architecture standards
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Business, (or related) or
the equivalent in work experience.
- 10 + years of experience in the Information technology profession
focused on ERP design and management.
- 7+ years of SAP FICO related modules with SAP configuration and
- Experience implementing, integrating, and/or maintaining SAP ERP
suites in the Retail/Fashion/Footwear industries
- Experience with best in class systems and best practices
processes that support wholesale and retail financial business
- Excellent understanding of Order to Cash Finance and financial
implications of retail omni channel models.
- Deep understanding of the integration with other ECC modules
(especially MM, PP and SD)
- Experience with SAP CO-PA, Product Costing and Material
- Experience on transfer pricing and intercompany markup
- Experience with Thomson Reuters Tax Engine and its integration
with SAP. Good understanding of integration points of tax within
Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes.
- Experience working with Third Party systems for outbound and
inbound interfaces, familiarity with SAP configuration.
- Experience with finance SaaS solutions such as Coupa, Concur,
- Experience working on new rollouts with Country specific local
legal requirements pertaining to North America, APAC, EMEA
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve project issues and risks
- Good analytical problem solving and fact-finding skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, internally within IT and
with business users.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources efficiently
- Ability to work independently.
- Background in Retail industry is helpful.
- Certification in SAP FICO module is helpful.
- Experience in Business Intelligence or BPC
- Experience working on US GAAP, IFRS Accounting.
- Experience with S4/HANA or Simple Finance
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow
with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work
environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric
atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or
the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To
bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or
PandoLogic.Category: Technology, Keywords: Enterprise Architect
Keywords: Nike, Inc., Beaverton , Solution Architect - Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Beaverton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!